Sunday, February 26, 2006

Summer Jam - 1973















Watkins Glen New York

The Dead, The Band, The Allman Brothers. Biggest outdoor concert of all time. I was there. That's me to the far left under the tent. Well, maybe. A day and a night with 600,000 freaks...Read more at:
Summer Jam 1973

Reviewer: miguel
Subject: Summer Jam

It wasn't Woodstock but...

it was the next best thing. Heard about Summer Jam as I was hitching to Montreal, July '73. Arrived there and camped out on Mount Blanc and then next day headed back down and stuck my thumb out for Watkins Glen. Arrived early in the morning and walked the five miles from town to the concert site, there were freaks everywhere! Tipped toed over numerous sleeping bodies to within 50 yards of the stage and woke up the next morning to Jerry's soulful guitar. The next few hours were filled with the most amazing live music I've ever heard. And yes, they all jammed at the end, is there a recording of it somewhere? All I know is that this is one of my most treasured memories. I think the 60's really ended at Watkins Glen that weekend ah me!......



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home